Question:
what can a illegal immigrant do to get a green card?
kczymurg
2006-02-21 17:57:53 UTC
An immigrant enters the US illegally. Now they want to work legally. They do not have money enough to leave the country and re-enter legally. What options do they have? I fear that if they approach the immigration people now they will be thrown out.
Seven answers:
hhabilis
2006-02-21 18:22:23 UTC
Post 911 marrying a citizen is no longer an assured fix. Find the best lawyer you can afford. Be aware that if you leave and you are documented, you may be barred from returning.
MrCool1978
2006-02-22 01:59:48 UTC
There is a way to apply for Legal Status but it's probably hard to do.

I know you can become a Legal Alien if you get a Record Deal or Movie Contract but I suppose those are not what are being looked for.
republican_jew
2006-02-22 02:25:30 UTC
He can leave the country and come back by legal means. Respect our laws.
Hinoktok
2006-02-25 06:49:34 UTC
to legalize illegal immigrants without amnesty is almost NIL. the other way is to find a US citizen that you love and marry him or her. problem solved!
GoddessofCoughSyrup
2006-02-22 02:09:49 UTC
Marry a citizen
belmeen
2006-02-27 22:47:12 UTC
green card lottery
rednecknorthernboy
2006-02-22 20:18:02 UTC
If you're here illegally we don't want you! GO HOME!