Question:
My friend has a P1 Visa, and it is an artist visa..how can he extend his visa?
belladona_ph
2006-04-06 22:00:46 UTC
How can my friend also petition himself to be an immigrant in the usa
One answer:
terterryterter
2006-04-10 03:05:07 UTC
If your friend is out of the country, he can go the nearest American Consulate or Embassy in the country he is in.

A nonimmigrant person temporarily enters the United States for a specific purpose such as business, study, or pleasure. When he entered the country as a nonimmigrant, a U.S. immigration inspector should have examined his passport and visa and then given him a Form I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record). This record should tell him(in the lower right-hand corner) when he must leave the United States. If he wants to extend his stay in the United States, then he must ask for permission from the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before his authorized stay expires. Proof that he is willing to obey U.S. immigration laws will be important if he wants to remain or travel to the United States as an immigrant or nonimmigrant in the future. If he breaks immigration laws, he may also become subject to removal (deportation) so it is very important that he does this before his visa expires.